Pakistani bricks are rectangular, solid blocks made primarily from clay and other natural materials. They come in standard sizes and are baked or fired in kilns to ensure their strength and durability. These bricks have been a staple in the construction industry of Pakistan for centuries, owing to their excellent load-bearing capacity and resistance to weathering.
Bricks made of burnt clay are also called common bricks since they are the most common type of brick in the modern building. Common uses are in walls, foundations walls, and much many more for a variety of applications. When creating walls, the burnt clay bricks need to be plastered or rendering using mortar to aid in improving the strength of the bricks as well as their water resistance and insulation capacity.
- Durability: Pakistani bricks are known for their robustness and ability to withstand harsh environmental conditions. They have a long lifespan, making them a cost-effective choice for construction.
- Versatility: These bricks can be used for various construction applications, such as building walls, foundations, pavements, and even decorative elements.
- Uniform Size: Pakistani bricks are typically manufactured to uniform dimensions, ensuring easy and consistent placement in construction projects.
- Availability: They are widely available in Pakistan and can be sourced easily for construction needs.
- Eco-Friendly: Pakistani bricks are environmentally friendly since they are made primarily from natural clay and do not involve harmful chemical processes.
- Insulating Properties: Depending on their composition and construction, Pakistani bricks can provide good thermal insulation, helping to regulate indoor temperatures.