Ceiling design refers to the visual appearance and construction of the uppermost part of a room. It can include various elements such as moldings, beams, panels, lighting fixtures, and other decorative features. Ceiling design can have a significant impact on the overall aesthetic and ambiance of a space, and can range from simple and functional to highly ornate and decorative. There are many different materials, styles, and techniques used in ceiling design, including wood, plaster, gypsum, metal, and more. The choice of ceiling design will depend on factors such as the architectural style of the building, the intended use of the room, and the personal preferences of the homeowner or designer.
In Pakistan, ceiling design often reflects the country’s rich cultural heritage and history, incorporating elements from traditional Islamic, Mughal, and colonial architectural styles. Some of the popular ceiling designs in Pakistan include:
- False Ceiling: False ceilings, also known as drop ceilings, are widely used in Pakistan for their versatility and practicality. They can be made of gypsum board or other materials, and are often suspended from the main ceiling using metal brackets.
- Coffered Ceiling: Coffered ceilings are made of recessed panels and are often seen in grand, formal rooms such as dining rooms and living rooms. They can be made of wood or other materials and are often intricately carved and painted.
- Dome Ceiling: Dome ceilings are a common feature in traditional Pakistani architecture and are often used to add height and grandeur to a room. They can be made of brick, stone, or other materials and can be decorated with intricate geometric patterns and frescoes.
- Wooden Ceiling: Wooden ceilings are a popular choice in Pakistan, particularly in traditional and rustic settings. They can be made of a variety of woods such as teak, cedar, and pine, and can be left natural or painted.
- Plaster Ceiling: Plaster ceilings are made by applying a layer of wet plaster to a metal or wooden frame. They are a popular choice for their durability and versatility, and can be molded and sculpted into a wide range of designs and shapes.
These are just a few examples of the many different types of ceiling designs that can be found in Pakistan. The choice of ceiling design will depend on the architectural style of the building, the intended use of the room, and the personal preferences of the homeowner or designer.
You can view every type of interior by clicking at the following link:
For latest updates of our website, click and follow our facebook page.